nit to pick: docbook

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Thu May 4 21:22:45 PDT 2006

I have a nit... and I need to pick it.

Why oh why are manpages being provided in sgml format which requires me
to not only use but actually provide MB's of docbook and other sgml
related junk that the only other package I've seen require is the linux
kernel, and then only if you actually want the docs.

manpages shouldn't *have* to be compiled like that.  I think it's
impolite.  =)

Could I possibly convince you to provide the "compiled" manpages in the
tarball so I don't *have* to build and provide docbook (or,
alternatively, build them on another system that has docbook and add the
manpages in their own tarball as another source for my rpm)?

I don't know what other formats those manpages and docs are supposed to
be provided in (html, maybe?) but I think the manpages should be
"unencumbered" to those of us with slim systems.

My $0.02CAD.  Sorry to start making demands already... =)

--
Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"