apt-get bailing out every few updates

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Jun 29 09:30:20 PDT 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > Same problem. What can I do ?
>
> I would check the system logs for any oddities and check the hardware for
> things like bad RAM.
>
> If it was just the transactions crashing it might be worth looking at
> backtraces from the crash but a system that fails to fork new processes
> under normal conditions sounds seriously ill to me.

I agree, strangely the system worked fine. I rebooted it in the evening
after using it for half a day and apt worked fine again.

Apart from NIC errors (that have been there from the beginning) there is
nothing logged about errors, no other applications have been misbehaving.
So it seems very weird. But it resolved itself apparently after the
reboot, maybe it was a kernel problem that only bothered apt. I have no
clue :/

Kind regards,