man pages

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Jun 14 22:36:34 PDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 21:44 -0600, Vincent Danen wrote:
>> * Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> [2006-06-09 22:42:37 -0700]:
>
>> Alright.  Latest (and last) modifications to the manpage styles is
>> attached.
> Could you please send diffs (preferably against svn) instead of
> compressed tarballs?
>
> Diffs are much easier to check and to review.

I agree, but for this "one big change" tarball is quite ok, diff can be
reviewed with svn diff against the repo. However there's a slight problem
with this tarball:

[gotcha]$ tar xjf ~/apt-man.tar.bz2
[gotcha]$ file *
apt-cache.8:       bzip2 compressed data, block size = 900k
apt-cdrom.8:       ASCII troff or preprocessor input text
apt-config.8:      ASCII troff or preprocessor input text
apt-get.8:         ASCII troff or preprocessor input text
apt.8:             ASCII troff or preprocessor input text
apt.conf.5:        ASCII troff or preprocessor input text
apt_preferences.5: troff or preprocessor input text
sources.list.5:    ASCII troff or preprocessor input text
vendors.list.5:    ASCII troff or preprocessor input text

apt-cache.8 is actually tar.bz2 of the other manpages (and apt-cache.8
itself is missing from it) Vincent, please fix that and resend.