listing updated packages only

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Sun Jun 11 16:18:46 PDT 2006

* Gary L. Greene Jr. <greeneg at phoenuxos.com> [2006-06-11 16:10:23 -0400]:

> > > The "simulate" mode (-s) is indeed noisy and occasionally gives nasty
> > > looking false alerts about conflicts in packages etc. Maybe someday
> > > somebody will get around to fix it...
> >
> > Noisy is ok... false alerts isn't so nice.
> >
> > > There's --check-only which .. hmm, doesn't seem to be documented
> > > anywhere, sigh. Anyway that's probably the closest thing to what you
> > > want, at the moment at least.
> >
> > =)  Well, --check-only looks like it'll do the job nicely with a little
> > formatting.
> >
> > The lua idea is a nice one... might look into that.  Never done anything
> > with lua before so it might be interesting to try.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Vincent, if you do that, can you please send me the script? I could use that
> for PhoeNUX's apt-rpm so I can get rid of a LOT of excess code in Pi (package
> installer) which is an add / remove programs GUI app I'm writing in perl-qt.

The lua script or the shellscript?  The shellscript is being done first
as that's the one I know I can whip out quickly.  The lua script...
probably not so quick, although I'll know more once I start looking at
the other scripts.

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;