APt proxy configuration

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Jul 31 11:01:23 PDT 2006

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 08:36 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>
> > > You could try setting no_proxy for the internal hosts for starters. But
> > > now that you reminded me of this - I think the solution is to revert the
> > > overriding so that any apt specific config overrides http_proxy etc and
> > > not the other way around.
> >
> > When would a change of this behaviour go into apt ? If you have a patch to
> > make it more reasonable I'm happy to try it out under various conditions.
> > For me this is an important fix as it is confusing to team-members when or
> > when not to use http_proxy="" when using apt.
>
> Attached is a totally untested patch I did some time ago that supposedly
> addresses this issue. IIRC I got interrupted by something at the point
> where I started pondering how exactly should no_proxy env variable be
> handled in the new scheme, but let me know if it works for you.
>
> I'll be looking into this probably sooner than later as fixing this
> would sanitize things at my work environment as well (and I can actually
> test this stuff myself there)

I'll keep you updated. (hHope to do this this week)

> > PS I did discover that no_proxy works, the delimiter required is a comma.
> > So it does work if I do:
> >
> > 	export no_proxy "localhost,hostname,yam,footprint,svn"
>
> Ok, so at least you do have a workaround for now :)

Yes, in fact I first wrote the mail. But then decided to test the no_proxy
more extensively, made it work and then added the post scriptum. That's
why it looked urgent and then ends with the workaround. :)

So it's not that urgent anymore.

Kind regards,