test/ ?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Jul 14 06:36:04 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 04:55 -0700, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> >> Applied + removed some things that dont make any sense at all for
> >> apt-rpm
> >
> > You've removed all EXTRA_PROGRAMS, but didn't remove EXTRA_PROGRAMS's
> > initialization.
> >
> > The patch below also remove this (currently unnecessary) initialization.
>
> I was thinking more like moving (all) the current tests to EXTRA_PROGRAMS,
> none of them make sense to build by default. That's why I left it there
> for now.
Well, this doesn't make much sense.

Theoretically a "testsuite" would consist of 2 different test programs:
- Link/build test programs (Does it still compile/link).
These would be noinst_PROGRAMS (Not run).

- Feature tests/programs to be run as part of a testsuite.
These would be check_PROGRAMS (Run during "make check").

EXTRA_PROGRAMS would rarely make sense.

Ralf