apt vs apt-rpm

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Dec 7 14:01:58 PST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 09:52:49PM +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > The same summit above started blessing cross-distribution API methods
> > for querying the package database and registring/unregistring packages
> > BTW.
>
> Sounds nice, but I'm not holding my breath to see this actually happen :)

People from Debian/Ubuntu/Red Hat/SuSE somewhat agreed to that, so it
seems like it will. But the timeframe was set to about two years from
now, so holding your breath is still not advised ;)

Anyway it really only affects ISV installers like Installshield and
installanywhere or custom brewn installers. We are several layers
above that ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net