0.5.15lorg3.1 loses epochs on rh7.3/rh8.0/rh9 (promoteepoch?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Aug 9 08:34:03 PDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 06:14:53PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 12:49 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 12:36:36PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > > The problem is currently Smart and Yum. They expect zero epoch (at
> > > least) everywhere and do not support a (none) epoch and this is required
> > > for older releases.
> > >
> > > Axel, the only way that my repomd repository will work with your Smart and
> > > Yum for older releases is if Smart and YumÃmget fixed
> >
> > OK, as written elsewhere, now my brains spins in the right direction,
> > too.
> >
> > Maybe I'll just remove yum & smart for older releases (e.g. everything
> > before RHEL3/FC1), I want to EOL these distros till the end of the
> > year anyway.
>
> Actually I'm curious how the heck yum & smart manage to work on those
> older releases?

If you have an example you want to see whether yum/smart can handle I
have RH9, RH8.0 and RH7.3 with apt/smart/yum installed and also
zero-epoched repomd (e.g. the default createrepo mode). Upgrade
operations work, but these are minimal systems, so there aren't many
packages involved (~80 packages).

yum/smart install <fill out this form>

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net