apt-rpm roadmap

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Apr 27 09:05:38 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 17:59 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>  The clean-case could be done similarly .. and in
> fact apt already does automatic cleanup after installations, only it
> doesn't clean everything, only packages no longer available from
> repositories
While we're at it.

Is there an option to switch off "cleaning".

My problem is: I am using an nfs shared cache directory. One of the
machines sharing the cache is an i586, while others are i686-class
machines. Also, not all machines share the same repo setup.

This results into running apt-get on the i586, removing i686-packages,
rsp. configuration differences causing cleaning up packages a particular
machine has no use of.

Ralf