RFE: Using external intl?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Apr 24 22:08:15 PDT 2006

Hi,

I would like to propose to switch apt-rpm to using an external libintl.

This would remove the intl subdirectory from the source-tree and thereby
would slim down the size of apt-rpm tarballs.

On the functional side, this would not have any impact on Linux users,
because intl/ normally (i.e. unless explicitly requested) isn't used on
Linux at all.

It would affect non-Linux systems, and would require users of such
systems to either switch off nls/i18n or to install a separate libintl.

In case there should be consensus, I could provide the required patches.

Ralf